Acai (ah-sah-EE) bowls – made from delicious acai berries – are all the rage right now. And, lucky for you, they’re full of mouth-friendly vitamins and nutrients. Plus, they’re easy to customize with your favorite toppings. The choices are nearly endless!
Ingredients for one acai bowl:
1 100g packet unsweetened frozen acai
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup orange juice*
1/2 cup water
*Or try yogurt, coconut milk, sparkling water or another fruit juice.
Nuts and/or seeds
1. Run the frozen acai packet under hot water for 5 to 10 seconds.
2. Cut the packet open and squeeze the acai into a blender.
3. Add the banana, orange juice and water.
4. Purée until completely smooth, adding more water or juice if needed.
5. Add your favorite toppings.