Whether you’ve just moved to a new neighborhood, or a new city or state, finding a new dentist is on many families’ and individuals’ to-do lists, right up there with finding a new physician.
A couple of quick considerations:
- Proximity to your home, work or school. It’s easier to keep appointments if your dentist is nearby.
- Do you or your family have any special needs? Maybe you need a dentist who specializes in care for younger children.
- Co-workers, friends or neighbors can sometimes be a good source for recommendations.
- Ask your current dentist or physician. They may be able to recommend someone they know in your new area.
- Make sure they are in network for your dental insurance provider. Out-of-network dentists may result in hight out-of-pocket costs.
You can find a dentist near you by using our Find a Dentist tool. This tool will also give you other information such as location and office hours, specialty, languages and if they are accepting new patients. You can even get a cost estimate using our Cost Estimator.