Delta Dental by the Numbers
For more than 50 years, Delta Dental has been building trust by working to improve the oral health of Americans. We do this by emphasizing preventative care and making dental coverage affordable to a wide variety of employers, groups and individuals.
- Delta Dental serves more than one third of the estimated 166 million Americans with dental insurance, providing national dental coverage to more than 60 million people in more than 111,000 groups.
- Our nationwide dentist networks offer unprecedented access:
- Delta Dental Premier® offers the largest network of dentists in the country—encompassing more than 145,000 dentists and more than 292,000 office locations.
- Delta Dental PPOSM has a national network of more than 89,500 dentists practicing in more than 207,000 locations.
- DeltaCare® USA provides more than 39,800 dentist office locations.
- According to a recent study, Delta Dental's PPO Plan delivers the industry's best effective discount—averaging 20.3 percent nationally on all claims paid—resulting in nearly $3 billion in annual savings compared to dentists' average charges.
- Delta Dental posted approximately $18 billion in premium revenue during fiscal year 2012, our 33rd consecutive year of financial gains.
- Our unique cost-control measures and contractual agreements with dentists help to ensure quality care at moderate fees, collectively saving subscribers with group dental coverage more than $9.9 billion in 2012.
- In 2012, Delta Dental member companies processed more than 93 million dental claims, or approximately 1.7 million every week, with an accuracy rate of 99.7 percent.
Download the complete Delta Dental Fact Sheet & Delta Dental Stat Sheet and see why more Americans trust their mouths to Delta Dental.