Delta Dental by the Numbers
For more than 50 years, Delta Dental has been building trust by working to improve the oral health of Americans. We do this by emphasizing preventative care and making dental coverage affordable to a wide variety of employers, groups and individuals.
- Delta Dental serves more than one third of the estimated 166 million Americans with dental insurance, providing national dental coverage to more than 59.5 million people in more than 97,900 groups.
- Our nationwide dentist networks offer unprecedented access:
- Delta Dental Premier® offers the largest network of dentists in the country—encompassing more than 142,000 dentists and more than 251,000 office locations.
- Delta Dental PPOSM has a national network of more than 83,900 dentists practicing in more than 168,000 locations.
- DeltaCare® USA provides more than 39,800 dentist office locations.
- According to a recent study, Delta Dental's PPO Plan delivers the industry's best effective discount—averaging 19 percent nationally—resulting in nearly $3 billion in annual savings compared to dentists' average charges.
- Delta Dental posted approximately $17 billion in premium revenue during fiscal year 2011, our 32nd consecutive year of financial gains.
- Our unique cost-control measures and contractual agreements with dentists help to ensure quality care at moderate fees, collectively saving subscribers with group dental coverage more than $9.0 billion in 2011.
- In 2011, Delta Dental member companies processed more than 90 million dental claims, or approximately 1.7 million every week, with an accuracy rate of 99.7 percent.
Download the complete Delta Dental Fact Sheet & Delta Dental Stat Sheet and see why more Americans trust their mouths to Delta Dental.