Delta Dental by the Numbers
For more than 50 years, Delta Dental has been building trust by working to improve the oral health of Americans. We do this by emphasizing preventative care and making dental coverage affordable to a wide variety of employers, groups and individuals.
- Delta Dental serves more than one third of the estimated 191 million Americans with dental insurance, providing national dental coverage to more than 73 million people* in more than 122,000 groups.
- Our nationwide dentist networks offer unprecedented access:
- Delta Dental Premier® offers the largest network of dentists in the country—encompassing more than 155,000 dentists and more than 348,000 office locations.
- Delta Dental PPOSM has a national network of more than 103,000 dentists practicing in more than 270,000 locations.
- DeltaCare® USA provides more than 57,000 dentist office locations.
- According to a recent study, Delta Dental's PPO Plan delivers the industry's best effective discount—averaging 22.4 percent nationally on all claims paid—resulting in nearly $4.5 billion in annual savings compared to dentists' average charges.
- In 2014, Delta Dental donated more than $50 million in charitable contributions.
- Delta Dental provides coverage to 395 out of the 1000 companies in the Fortune 1000.
- Delta Dental posted approximately $19.5 billion in premium revenue during fiscal year 2014
- Our unique cost-control measures and contractual agreements with dentists help to ensure quality care at moderate fees, collectively saving subscribers with group dental coverage more than $14.7 billion in 2014.
- In 2014, Delta Dental member companies processed more than 97 million dental claims, or approximately 1.8 million every week, with an accuracy rate of 99.7 percent.
Download the complete Delta Dental Fact Sheet and see why more Americans trust their mouths to Delta Dental.
*Data reflective of 2015 year end enrollment