Delta Dental by the Numbers
For more than 50 years, Delta Dental has been building trust by working to improve the oral health of Americans. We do this by emphasizing preventative care and making dental coverage affordable to a wide variety of employers, groups and individuals.
- Delta Dental serves more than one third of the estimated 191 million Americans with dental insurance, providing national dental coverage to more than 62 million people in more than 114,000 groups.
- Our nationwide dentist networks offer unprecedented access:
- Delta Dental Premier® offers the largest network of dentists in the country—encompassing more than 148,000 dentists and more than 315,000 office locations.
- Delta Dental PPOSM has a national network of more than 95,000 dentists practicing in more than 234,000 locations.
- DeltaCare® USA provides more than 66,000 dentist office locations.
- According to a recent study, Delta Dental's PPO Plan delivers the industry's best effective discount—averaging 20.3 percent nationally on all claims paid—resulting in nearly $3 billion in annual savings compared to dentists' average charges.
- Delta Dental posted approximately $18.6 billion in premium revenue during fiscal year 2013, our 34th consecutive year of financial gains.
- Our unique cost-control measures and contractual agreements with dentists help to ensure quality care at moderate fees, collectively saving subscribers with group dental coverage more than $11.4 billion in 2013.
- In 2013, Delta Dental member companies processed more than 90 million dental claims, or approximately 1.7 million every week, with an accuracy rate of 99.8 percent.
Download the complete Delta Dental Fact Sheet & Delta Dental Stat Sheet and see why more Americans trust their mouths to Delta Dental.